One Last Time

an idea: you are a bulletproof girl. Amanda Beth is a common girl, like many common girls. She's being loved by everyone and being hate by some people, too. Amanda is a high school girl with even lower average skills. We have to admit not everyone's smart and not everyone have to be good. So, Amanda gets into a genk, so tho she's stupid, she is saved, not being in bully around the school. She's one of the bully. But, that's not her. Whenever her bad friends are leaving her alone, she's trying to be friend with the bullied ones. She's helping the victims like in ninja ways. As I told you before, she's being loved by everyone, too, right? Amanda is helping them with spreading good things about them rather than against her own friends when the bullying's around. She's doing that for win-win solution and seriously, no ones really feel bad about it. Everyone needs her, but inside of Amanda, she thinks herself as a coward. who thinks
Do you know why it's hard to say goodbye? Because we afraid if our memories might not be able to remember them, rightly. The fact is, goodbye means good. No matter how hard.
~Aurora Esterlia

Worms


Some say, the horror begins when we are afraid of something we don't know. 

When I think about this view, I talk about the meaning of the word "Alien". 

Alien can mean something or someone. 

For sure, things are out there. 

The things that were studied by the researchers behind the laboratory. 

 

That afternoon, for some reason I was in the car park. I am not a researcher, I only take care of their administration then relations between company partners. But, yes, I work in a private laboratory. The afternoon was rather cloudy and had a lot of wind. I can predict the day will rain. Friday, usually many who want to go home quickly, but some are overtime. 

I was thinking there was something left in the office, and if I didn't take it now, I would have to wait for early next week to return to the office because of course my office is closed on holidays. I can't find my main cellphone in the bag. I found all my cellphones but not the most important, specifically not for work. The contents of my bag are scattered in the front seat, and certainly, as a millennial, I will not separate from my cell phone. Like marriage. 

I hate to say it, but the laboratory building where I work is quite mystical. I myself do not know much about the researchers in it. However, because my office is in the same building as them, I can only surrender. 

 I got out of my car and the wind blew hard enough. I thought about what if there was a hurricane and hit this laboratory building. I might be grateful because it's certain my office space will be moved. Silly ideas in mind accompany me back into my office. 

On Friday, I'm used to going home a bit late, because I'd better go home with work done at the office rather than someone calling on the weekend. Besides, I actually have an out-of-town event this weekend. Weddings. Quite confusing because there are two weddings and people invited the same day. I mean, there are two colleagues in my office who get married on the same day and both are important people. 

I went in and passed employees who wanted to go home. I don't know, I'm a person who is polite enough so I say hello. I didn't pay much attention to the security guard. I kept walking in. My room is on the first floor, up a dim stairway with old walls and tiles. But, that doesn't matter. I just rushed to office room and to my desk. I found it. Stupidly, I put my cellphone in the chair. Of course, I didn't see it, because the color was as black as the color of my chair's skin. I used to put the bag on the back of a chair, I thought when I put the cellphone in the bag, it was actually left on the chair. 

I saw my family had missed calls several times. I immediately called back. I also immediately left the office. Nobody picked up my phone. I went down to the lobby, try to see the email inbox. I had stopped standing on the steps. Read for a while, then I heard a voice at the bottom of the stairs. Under the lobby there is indeed a ladder down again. I don't really think about anything, it's just that I'm like seeing a red light behind a ladder down the stairs. I was in the lobby and saw no security guards. Outside also looks very strong wind. I was thinking there was usually no one still working down there. 

I'm not very brave. But, I remembered that if I took the exit across the building, I could immediately go out in front of my car park and indeed go down one floor, but not through this stair. At least, if I'm from a different end, I can catch a glimpse of what's downstairs. I walked quickly to the end of the corridor and got another stairs. I went down quickly. Near the stairs, I could see the exit directly into the parking lot. Then, I looked briefly in the direction I was curious about. The red dim light appeared from the laboratory glass room. I know they are doing a Clinical Test of their research in this laboratory building. I didn't think that outside of working hours like this, there were still people doing clinical trials. Or maybe the Clinical Test was indeed done during overtime? I do not know. All I know is that what I'm seeing right now is beyond my reasoning. I just want to take a closer look. If I leave now, maybe I'll be curious. But, I quite understand that there are things I shouldn't see. Or maybe, I really have to see it. 

What I saw was very disgusting. Like someone is eating and eating. I don't think that's real, I want to be sure. The more I see, something happens to people dressed in lab coats, people I know. They look so normal. However, I want to throw up. Their skin looks like something came out. Move around. I do not know but so much. They looked at those who ate and ate around one another. The hair on my neck chills, I feel like my skin is like them. I immediately stepped in my sketches shoes. I walked back and ran very fast. Like I was not able to control my body. I move until the exit. I was out the door, I ran. Very fast. To my car. 

 I got into my car, locked the door, immediately started my car, and stepped on the gas quickly. I passed people walking out of the company's park area. I was unable to stop even just to help them. They don't need help. They do not know what was I seeing. I dare not tell anyone. The car park portal guard post stopped me because the portal hadn't been opened yet. He called out to me, and I slowly opened the windowpane. Should I give my free-parking card, to him? I pay close attention to his skin. I imagined something. I think he's fine. I immediately make a transaction and withdraw quickly my free parking. Portal open, I drove fast. 

 I stopped at the cafe shop I was subscribed to. A busy little alley. Tonight began to dew with very strong winds. I looked at my face and skin, is there something moving? Is anything coming out of my skin like them? I hate because my sight becomes farsighted. 

Then, someone knocked on my car door. Someone who saved me. He took me into the cafe and let me hold his warm and soft hands. I keep looking at it from all sides, nothing is wrong. He is someone important to me. However, I could feel that what I had seen might spread. I should have told him. Then I just got him taking me to his room on the cafe second floor. Has a wide window facing the street. I only pay attention to the people out there. "I have something to say." 

 

 Then I was in the car. Why last night I couldn't tell him? And this morning, I driving my friends to the wedding. Today, the road is raining very heavily. I tried to pay attention to the streets. I just kept going through the car until out of town, until we arrived in front of the hotel entrance. This hotel area is huge. I want to tell them that I don't want to go in. Then, I asked, isn't it better to go to the other wedding first? "I mean would it be even sadder if it was quieter there?" And they agreed. 

 I immediately press the car gas and drove. We drove a little further, but entered the city. The second marriage is in a multipurpose building in an urban area. When we entered, as I thought, only the family was still present. Indeed, for invited guests the time has not yet come. But, we got a lot of food and we ate it deliciously. We take pictures together. Then, it rained so hard. I feel the need to go now. I began to think about the reason that I had to go home. I am tired. And they believed it. I said I was too tired, and they let me sit in the backseat. I request to return immediately. I don't know, it's cold and rainy. As if I'm comfortable being made among people I trust. They took me to the wedding.

I do not believe they did not listen to me at all. I'm afraid. I'm really scared. What I saw last night returned to my mind. I want to throw up. They continued to walk with me into the church building. A remote place like this has a fairly large church building. I'm asking if we're not too late to come now? But, they are too busy. And we arrived at the front of the building and the receptionist. They immediately greeted, shook hands, and kissed on the cheek. I immediately distanced myself. I immediately walked backwards. I do not understand. I'm afraid. They began to enter the crowd, and I ran to leave them. I have to get out of this place. I have to go back to my car. But, I do not understand. Why am I so cowardly facing them? I continued walking and reached the backyard of the church building. I saw a stairs going up. Then, I ran into a young man dressed in a tuxedo. He was as scared as I was. He looked at me and I looked at him.

I began to cry.

The man immediately hushed me. He made a sign to follow him and we went up the stairs. We are on the veranda. He then checked me. We both pay attention to our faces and skin. And fine. He asked me to hide my tears. He looked at the back gate. He wants me to follow him and find the back stairs. I followed him walking back down. Then we met the women who were chatting in front of the toilet. The man pulled me quickly so as not to walk close together. However, my eyes were enough to cross paths and they seemed to be talking casually to each other, but on their wrists I saw worms making holes. And, they are not at all disturbed. All the hairs on my neck chills. And the man kept pulling me away.

We arrived at the back gate. I feel tightness in the chest. The man rushed out of the gate and myself. Disgust, pain, and petrification. Should I not have to run? The image of yesterday afternoon in the laboratory turned back in my head. I was nauseous and vomited from food at the wedding this morning. "Are you okay?" Someone patted my back. I immediately jerked away and patted my own back until I realized it was that man. The man raised his hands, "It's me, it's me. Believe me." I immediately held his hand. "Take me out of here."

The man stopped the box car. And we hitched a ride. The driver say hi, and eating his sandwich like normal. We sure he’s normal, like us. On the road, the driver spoke improperly. The man sat at the end and I sat in the middle. The man keeps calling. I just keep looking forward. Who should I call, too, now? The man accompanied me after arriving in the city, we rode a taxi and arriving in front of my favorite cafe shop.

That someone is inside. He serves people. "Are you sure?" asked the man. I did not answer it. My steps quickly walked into the cafe shop. The sound of customer bells on door coming in is heard. His eyes got me. I am very, very relieved. I signal that maybe he is busy. I immediately indicated I would wait upstairs in his room. The stairs are outside. I returned outside the cafe shop. The man is still waiting.

"Why don't you just go back home? Make sure your family is alright."

"Oh, I just want to make sure my friend is okay. I'll talk to him. You better go home and check on your family, too."

The man replied, "I do not trust anyone. Only you, now."

"We exchanged cellphone numbers, right? Call me."

"OK." The man got into the taxi and soon left. I was alone. I ventured to go upstairs. The room was so interesting because I could see outside, and from outside I could see inside the room up here when the lights were on. I'm just comfortable with her. That is all. I tried to give up on all the people I had and would survive only for him. I think I would promise that.

I looked outside. I feel safe. It's best if I pay attention too if there are strange people outside or people on the streets. Then, I saw the guests coming out of the cafe shop. I'm glad to see them. Until jerked, the back of my neck shivered. My eyes immediately closed. I don't want to believe what I see. My heart beats very fast instantly. My head seemed want to burst. I cried instantly. I do not believe. I could not believe what I had just seen. There are worms on their skin. Holes, bloodless. They just came out of this cafe shop. Someone was with them. He just served them. Has someone become the same as them?  And I can't be with him anymore? My eyes are closed and crying. I should have survived, right? This time I will not give up. I will not run away. I just want to be with that person. I do not care. Because something we don't know makes it different and different. If everything has been affected, does it mean that only I am different? Shouldn't I be the one who has to adapt? I had to give myself, to be with him.

Suddenly the lights of the room turned off, I realized. For a moment my eyes were still looking out the window, from behind me, there was a hand that closed my eyes. "It's me. Calm down." That man. "Stop crying. Calm down." I could not stop my tears behind his hands that closed my eyes. However, I no longer voiced. "We're going to get out of here." He pulled me into the darkness. Deep calm. Then, in the shadows, someone came in to open the door. He called my name. Then, he turned on the light. But, the room's light was not on. Someone is quickly passed. He was gone.

The man kept holding my hand, and went out through the room on the second floor. Then, we quickly ran. And, a voice called out calling my name. I do not expect. Someone's voice can scream. He never did that. The man arrived in front of a window facing the roof of the next house. "We have to get past this roof." The man climbed the roof quickly, "Come on." He immediately pulled my hand again. We quickly stepped implicitly my feet would fall. And, we found on the other side of the roof, there were stairs going down the building. We immediately go down. We reached the bottom and we hid in the shadow of the building.

"Where is your home?" This man paid attention to every detail and for a moment like he knew very well what action we must do. I immediately ran and he followed. Only a few turns from the cafe shop. A moment arrived, Someone was already at the front door of the house. He called and asked to enter. But, no one answered. Then, he was like leaving. Again, the last time I saw him.

Until he was not seen again, we immediately came out of hiding. I rushed to the garage door. Locked. But, one of the top windows though small, enough to pass. Rarely do people realize. I immediately climbed and went inside. A big sound fell. I'm in pain. The man asked how I was in there. But I did not think long, I immediately about to open the garage door. "Do not open!" Shouted from behind me. "How did you get in?"

"The window pane above, the only one open."

"And only you know that. Are you ... really you?"

"Yes, my sister. Let me turn and look at you." I slowly turned around and faced my sister who was holding me up with a flame torch. "How do you know?" I asked my sister how does she know about this thing?

"We were only at home as long as you left. You said before you go, we all better not go anywhere. Then, news quickly spread. We hid under the basement. We waited for you to return. We also had a lot of supplies."

"That's good. Can I bring my friend inside?"

"Are you affected?"

"Just open it." My mother and father appeared. I immediately opened it right without hesitate. The man entered.

"Thank you." He is cold. I immediately held his hand. "We'll be fine. Make sure the garage door is closed and the window up." And they helped me to close the garage window.

I don't want my family to come closer and hold us. I asked them to go back to the basement and we stand guard inside the house. We lit a fire in the fireplace and warmed ourselves.

"Thank you for opening the door for me. You even ..." He held my hand again, "immediately held my hand."

"I think if you have risked your life twice, I must do something."

The man smiled. A smile that is enough to make my mind divert my memory of worms. "Have you been able to contact your family?" I asked.

"How can your family know first?" He asked me back.

"I guess last night I told them and they were listened... I saw something last night. When did this start or where, I didn't even know. If I may know, are you an acquaintance of a married family?"

"No. I work in NGOs for children. Children to trust someone will choose to touch. Once we show fear to hold, they will no longer try to touch us. They will begin to build walls for our relationship. The most terrible thing is when I have to lose my ability to touch it." The man still holds my hand.

"How do you always try to calm me down. I guess I know now. How are you not exposed?"

"I didn't go straight to church when I arrived ... The one who married was my ex. I thought I didn't need to come. I thought again, it didn't matter. I came. Then, right in front of the church, I didn't want to go in. But after I After smoking, I decided to go in. Looking for my ex, I did not think anything, until I saw with my own eyes, my ex's face had holes and worms, then, the people around her, I did not understand and my whole body tried to avoid any touch. I kept moving away from the crowd and meeting you. You know, the most terrible thing? The children cried around their parents because they were scared and I couldn't help them." I immediately hugged him. The man was hugging me tightly. "My family is at the wedding. I tried to call those I know out there. At least ask them to avoid the crowd. At least I can see you and your family are fine. Make me calm. Thank you for trusting me." He said.

"Thank you for saving me."

We looked at each other. We don't know what we will do tomorrow and the next day. I hate to say it, but we must try to live and not give up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Backstage

A Draft: Malig ne de chance