One Last Time

an idea: you are a bulletproof girl. Amanda Beth is a common girl, like many common girls. She's being loved by everyone and being hate by some people, too. Amanda is a high school girl with even lower average skills. We have to admit not everyone's smart and not everyone have to be good. So, Amanda gets into a genk, so tho she's stupid, she is saved, not being in bully around the school. She's one of the bully. But, that's not her. Whenever her bad friends are leaving her alone, she's trying to be friend with the bullied ones. She's helping the victims like in ninja ways. As I told you before, she's being loved by everyone, too, right? Amanda is helping them with spreading good things about them rather than against her own friends when the bullying's around. She's doing that for win-win solution and seriously, no ones really feel bad about it. Everyone needs her, but inside of Amanda, she thinks herself as a coward. who thinks
Do you know why it's hard to say goodbye? Because we afraid if our memories might not be able to remember them, rightly. The fact is, goodbye means good. No matter how hard.
~Aurora Esterlia

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) Review



Star Wars: The Last Jedi is beyond my expectation. I would like to start with the synopsis we were presented before we watch it. Which I did, but what I want to say that because it's like the expectation born when we read the synopsis before we watch it, right? Okay, I think you get it.
So, it's a story after The Force Awakens following Rey (Daisy Ridley) finally managed to find the legendary Jedi knight, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) on an island with a magical aura. The heroes of The Force Awakens include Leia, Finn and Poe joining the legend in an epic adventure, unlocking the shocking ancient mysteries of The Force.
Yeah, I'm lazy writer so I copy+paste this Bahasa language of the synopsis and translated to English. But anyway, that's enough. 
Another honest word, I didn't read the synopsis before I watched it. Ha. It's exactly fresh piece of mind right after The Force Awakens. 

The only Rian Johnson's film I have watched was The Brothers Bloom. Well, I did watch Looper but it was just when where Paul Dano was in scenes. 
 Star Wars: The Last Jedi, as a whole film, I highly recommended the film to watch. Every review I read telling me how good the cinematography. For me, it's obvious the primary point how Star Wars sequel suppose to be make. So, I wouldn't doubt it even since the beginning. But well, let's go to the casts. They were brilliant. Especially Daisy Ridley. I mean she didn't create Rey's character and this written by Rian Johnson so how she delivered what's in Rian's head to become developed Rey from The Force Awakens, it moved me. She did a great job. So, she's the heart of this film, I must agree. I know she was in this journey which put her at different places with Poe or Finn. 
Another honest word, I didn't watch many trailers of this film so I made myself to be really surprise by it. So in this case I am surprised with the relationship developed between Rey, Poe, and Finn at the end. For me, that's the main something treasure for the future Star Wars. If they could get a good writer for that. Ha. 
But, by the way somehow I think I knew why people out there didn't like this movie. Which, I did like it, maybe because I'm not a big fan of the franchise. Ha. I loved The Force Awakens so, okay. Nothing's wrong with it. Well, I was starting to support J.J. Abrams but there was Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver (Loved him in Tracks) and John Boyega, and Oscar Isaac, and oh! And Domhnall Gleeson! Yeah, after The Force Awakens, I'm totally interested to join the dark side if there's Domhnall Gleeson on it. Ha. With the old casts joined along with the new casts, perfect.
So, back to I think I knew why they didn't like it. Well, I guess because simply it's not what they were expecting? 
There was this moment when I was surprised by the writing choice of what we called with maybe the highest level when you are on the jedi religion. The funny thing it was explained very well. As not a fan, I felt like be lectured with just their script. But, this one kind of moment totally blew my mind. I was like, "I didn't see it coming." BUT IT IS FIT. The only one logic of how they keep coming because they have the force. Ha. Because I do want to know, for a long time and I got the answer. I think. I would like to see it as a positive way but even for myself, that's not suppose to... I don't know what the fuck was going on. So, I let it go.
Which also means, maybe the future would tell us more and more and more about another layer of this religion. But, somehow as I read in these reviews, they always put this specific, "unnecessary, plot twist". That could be about the religion thing. Or, I was wrong. 
There was this one particular flat impact moment. Ha. It was flat moment but also an impact moment. I didn't mean it was bad, I just need it could be more like somehow as if it's in criminology. A signature crime is a crime which exhibits characteristics idiosyncratic to specific criminals, known as signature aspects, signature behaviours or signature characteristics. Where a modus operandi (MO) concerns the practical components of a crime which can also be unique to one suspect, signature aspects fulfill a psychological need and, unlike the MO, do not often change. 
Then how about this Snoke? Someone totally fucked up with this character. He did something with Kylo Ren, but for what? It totally put me wonder if it's not because this Snoke was meant as a qurban or a black sheep of the whole new characters. He played by great actor who deserved an Oscar for his contribution to film industry, Andy Serkis. And, it's just like me ended with impression, "This is it?", ha. I guess maybe the impact Snoke's relationship with Kylo Ren was the point a reason what's up with this Snoke. It was not even that deep on Snoke's side where this Snoke was the whole point of how Kylo Ren goes to the dark side. But, still, it payoff by amazing scene between Snoke, Kylo Ren, and our beloved Rey. That's it. That one particular scene brought me to feel like I'm in sequence of Alice in Wonderland but also cross with Silent Hill. That sequence just put me on a different dimension with all audiences in the studio. Yes, so good.
Here goes Rose, a new character. She's pretty. I loved her the moment I saw her first scene. I loved her sister, too, heroic scene, I must agree. That was really great scene! Rose's part and her journey with Finn was like a different long-film, spin-off inside a film. Maybe if it became a separate film would be better. Focus on Rey and focus on Finn.... I don't know, maybe if it's matter if we better put Rey and Finn on different film sequence. I would like to know. Oh, with Poe? He was perfect. He's driven me crazy like I'm in roller coaster because his impulsive acts from start to end. Which, put me wonder if he's like Han Solo. what... what... like you're all new OTP theory wouldn't support what I just said.
Now, for the return of our Jedi, Luke Skywalker. I just want to say, he can do whatever he wants. But it put me back with what's up with Snoke. Yeah, I don't get it at all. 
There's this one interview, a fact Rian Johnson put some politics writing in it. And Rose's explanation on a film helped. Which made me wonder if beyond Snoke there's someone greater. It is beyond my expectation. The community is corrupted and to take a blame was only the dark side? It's like what if Voldermort was not from Slytherin house but Hufflepuff, would it make different how we look up to Slytherin as what we used to think of the house? Or okay. In sociology theory, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." ; "Power tends to corrupt." ; Or just by simply with what Bob Marley said, "If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already."
It put me wonder as if I'm watching analogy of The Vatileaks scandal. But it won't give any less different since it was sacred community and on too high level no one would dare to turn them down. So I see everything in The Last Jedi. 
Listen, I would like to say Kylo Ren is pure dark side. But, what's his intention? I would like to know. Let's face it. He is the pure heir of the blue blood and has the Jedi Force. He is a prince for goodness sake. He deserves a THRONE!!!  I would like to talk about it. Shouldn't we talk about rebuild The Kingdom?

Well, whatever. Go watch this movie. Help me to understand this film which it so exciting if you not put your expectation as priority and make it beyond expectation. 

Or I could just simply wrong with how do I see the film.
What do I know? I am just a Star Trek fan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Armitage and Lee Pace, another confession so far.

One Last Time

Humor Chat From Fangirl 1.0.2