One Last Time

an idea: you are a bulletproof girl. Amanda Beth is a common girl, like many common girls. She's being loved by everyone and being hate by some people, too. Amanda is a high school girl with even lower average skills. We have to admit not everyone's smart and not everyone have to be good. So, Amanda gets into a genk, so tho she's stupid, she is saved, not being in bully around the school. She's one of the bully. But, that's not her. Whenever her bad friends are leaving her alone, she's trying to be friend with the bullied ones. She's helping the victims like in ninja ways. As I told you before, she's being loved by everyone, too, right? Amanda is helping them with spreading good things about them rather than against her own friends when the bullying's around. She's doing that for win-win solution and seriously, no ones really feel bad about it. Everyone needs her, but inside of Amanda, she thinks herself as a coward. who thinks
Do you know why it's hard to say goodbye? Because we afraid if our memories might not be able to remember them, rightly. The fact is, goodbye means good. No matter how hard.
~Aurora Esterlia

Adagio du Ciel

"Your name is now Sun Wook. Baek Sun Wook."
That's all I could remember about my childhood. To be now living as a chaebol's heir and running great kingdom of entertainment market, people pretending to love me so they could get my affectionate. But, there is nothing I could do. I used to walk to the house I once lived but not somuch memories. Something happened, I know. An accident. I got a big scar under my hair. It killed my parents. That's all I know. My Grandfather took me. He loved his only daughter so much, but he never really accepting her marriage with my father. He was never in my memory, too. He just there when I ended up alone at the foster house. I was 12 years old.

It's been twenty years and tonight is the party of me be the first President of the company. My grandfather has decided to finally retired. I wasn't really wish he would ever do that. I could only wish I would repay my debt to him. Without him, I might now end up alone. But, now, all women in the nation wishes to marry me. Yes, because of the chaebol, I am. 

"Sun Wook, my love." 
Oh Ga In, the only one I wish to marry with. We are lovers even before we're 15. Yes, She was my first person who welcome me. His father Oh Hong Gi, has big shares with our company. But actually, he is a politician. It is just I have been here before. I did remember my parents were also politicians. They were Oh Hong Gi friends. It's just it was never be my intention to join the field. My grandfather understood me as I actually from the medicines background. I earn my own money from pharmacies market. But, anyway I just have to side away my calling for my grandfather.

Oh Ga In is a police officer. She is beauty and strong. She is the perfect woman. But it is just lately, she's been worried with her friend who got an accident and be hospitalized. She has many friends and I never really interrupt her own social life beside mine. But, it's just lately she seems always worried of that someone. But those worries always dissapear right in front of me. We haven't engaged since she is always busy with many criminal cases and investigations. Grandfather also asked me to wait until I really settle with the President chair in the company and expect the right moment. But people know we are lovers. As I love her.

"Congratulation, Sun Wook!"
Park Dong Ha, he is here to steal Oh Ga In from me. He's a young politician under Ga In's father wing. He is really smart and has very sharp tongue. He comes from law major, that's why. A lawyer. He is rich but people knowledged how humble he is because his family comes from the island and works as fishermen. I join with him on drinks. I asked her about Oh Ga In's friend at the hospital. And, somehow, it changed his face, too. He knew that girl. I asked him what does he know but he could only see me and it seems like he's angry with me. But, it just like Oh Ga In, simply easy dissapear by a second. I just don't understand.

As a new president, I decided to lead the entertainment company work together with beauty skincare and healthy products. And, somehow the market goes up. Research and Development also goes up. But the more I driven myself to the top, I keep seeing Oh Ga In with Park Dong Ha together. I wasn't thinking straight, it got me jealous. But, Oh Ga In seemed knew how to tell different tales.

"I trusted you. I trusted you, Park Dong Ha!"
"Now, you doubt me for silly assumption that I was cheating with your girlfriend? Well, you should've asked your own girlfriend if she's the only on who hide the true from you."
"What does it mean?"
"Ask her yourself."

Oh Ga In spotted at my hospital. I asked her what did she see and she willingly asked me to come.  Oh Ga In introduced me with her partner, Choi Woo Bin. Oh Ga In asked me if I could put a patient to fast-track list of eye-donate at the hospital under my name. 

She was in a bad shape. Choi Woo Bin said lately as her sights are getting blur, she easily angry. Her eyes having cataract. She looks like a mess as she hate everyone to take care of her. She tried to take care of herself but as she lost her sight, nothing she did came right. Choi Woo Bin looks younger than her. But, as I look her file, it seemed like she got no family. That man not even related. Who is she?

She barely eat. She barely talk except crying and screaming. And, all I could do just looking from far. Park Dong Ha was not clinging with Oh Ga In, he was with her. He knows her. Oh Ga In also knows her. Why didn't I? Who is she? What is her story?

"Wook...uisa-nim. Can...you...help me back... to see?"

Her voice is raw as she called my name. She fell to my arms because she was tired fought with the nurses. I stayed with her until she woke up. It was really a good day. I saw her awaking on bed and wondering about her sight by raising her hand to the air. And, it's just the first person who came by was Park Dong Ha. He brought the flowers.

"She was my childhood friend. Moon Na Young, along with Choi Woo Bin. I hope you can understand. She never been really in a good shape. She had an accident and killed all her family. It left big scars inside her. Eyes are just the only thing she only got left."

Park Dong Ha was the only person who she embraced wholefully. Maybe they are lovers or even more. The board of the hospital has agreed to do surgery on Moon Na Young eyes. I didn't do much since things in the company got me busy. But, those eyes. I still remember those eyes from someone.

I knew she struggled with her mental condition. That's what I heard from the hospital report. Choi Woo Bin worked so hard to pay the bills but I told him beccause he is Oh Ga In's partner on the field, I paid the whole thing. I feel like getting a new younger brother as Choi Woo Bin started to open up to me.

"We've been forgotten, punished, and left behind. I came out from the juvenile prison at 17, moved to a side city, and found the place to live. A church community at the orphanage. That's where I met her. Moon Na Young. I see my self in her. I was her. That's why I need to help her. I need to help myself."
"Why do you need to help her?"
"Because no one would that time. Until you."

It feels like their past just not too different than my past. We all orphans. Instead I wasn't the sad one.
I asked Choi Woo Bin to take care of Oh Ga In while they're on mission or on duty. I am here taking care of Moon Na Young. It was a day of visiting the hospital. I went to see her. She was in the garden with other patients. I brought her the flowers. As I sit next to her, she grabbed them and her raw voice starts speaking. I couldn't reply it like I hold my tongue. She smelled the flowers and she started to realize I wasn't Park Dong Ha.


"Why did you bring me Daisies?"
"How did you know?"
"I used to help the church to take care the garden. Daisies were strangers among the beautiful crowd. Good smelly Daisies means the best among its kind."
"Oh, I ... they said Daisies would mean of new beginnings. I hope that should be the flowers for best wishes to your surgery."
"My wish is to see you, Uisa-nim."
"Call me by my name."

I don't know what comes into my mind.

"When you wake up after the surgery, call me by my name."

No one comes before the surgery than me. To finally put her on this sober mental state needs great effort and I truly appreciated the hospital members have done to her. I know she's getting sleep because they drugged her. But, she somehow smiled at me like she saw me and she held my hand. I didn't want to let it go until she's truly asleep.

"We have to wait until she wakes up."

That's all I need to know. She was not really the person in my life, I don't need to stay until he wakes up. I informed Choi Woo Bin, not Park Dong Ha. And, I tell the nurse to keep put white flowers that smell good instead of Daisies.

"Sun Wook, it is time for you to getting married. I won't be here much longer."
"I love her."
"Love is something that I always lost to. You must have better experience than me, my Grandson. I wasn't there when you were born. I am here now. You are my love. I  only want what you do really want. But, love meant to be faithfullness. Like your father and your mother. I am sorry I wasn't there for them. I hope the way I raised would be the way to pay me back to them."

I never really remember anything about him fought with my parents but it must been really hard for him for being left alone in this world just because of what he done to himself. So, I am his redemption. I know who I am having to marry with. We were engaged at the house garden. An evening party. She's so beautiful with her red wine gown. She didn't do much or talk much. She stayed on my side. She never stop looking at me. When, I look back at her, she smiled. We had our own dance. She ellegantly dancing like she's totally different person. She's glowing on that night. She is the love of my life.

"Thank you for what you did to Moon Na Young and Choi Woo Bin."
"It is something that we all should do. How is she, now?"
"She finally open her bandage last week. They want to meet you, personally to thank you."
"Yes, let's go see them."

It was supposed to be a good nice evening, until my Grandfather fallen from stairs nad got into comma. I am not sure how to endure this alone. But, it feels like in the operation room. I don't hesitate over things. I just can't. The engagement ends with funeral. As what he'd been wished for me for his lifetime, for me be his heir. There still many things I need to know, I wonder what they are. I feel numb,

"Sun Wook, aren't you going to say anything to me? Aren't you going to look at me? Just once?"

Three months later, Oh Hong Gi came to me telling me to off the engagement from his daughter. I don't know what to say. Only sorry to him. Then, things pretty bit shaky because of what I did, everything about my company that affiliates with their party got pulled down. Thankfully, my pharmacy and hospital back up my Grandfather's company. Even until now, my Grandfather always right about me. I missed him so much.

"You haven't told me how did they die, what happened the day I lost my memories, about the accident. Now you died and I am here all alone. You have taught and raised so well. You told me that I should pick one thing that different from your business and look, you spoiled me with it but you made a back-up investment! You are totally smart old man! I am really sorry, Grandfather, I almost failed to keep it up your business. I will do better. I'll be better for you."

 I cried in front of his tomb. It's been a year and I got the invitation. It was right all along. Park Dong Ha is now a candidate of young politician, and is marrying Oh Ga In. I didn't want to go. I feel like they were the reason my Grandfather died. They bring the bad luck.

"Hyung! How are you?"
"Choi Woo Bin! Oh! It's been very long time. How are you? Why do you come to hospital? Is someone sick?"
"Ah... it's my wife. We entered the hospital last night. We have a son."
"Ah! Congratulations! You didn't tell me you have a wife."

I was surprised. It's been a habit, I could only bring new flowers on vase at my office. Daisies. I knew this might look pathetic for him and for her. I didn't want to interfere that much. It's their life. I was just at the right time to help them. I didn't have time to visit her after the surgery. It's such a very long time. I was such a fool. And now, of course they are can have a happy life. But, why does my heart ache?

"Baek Sun Wook-nim?"

She's holding the baby to come into the room. Her hair is now short and colored. She brought the baby to the parents arms.

"So, this is you."
"This is me."

I couldn't stop looking at her. She's totally different person. Her eyes colors are now different. It's now blue. It came from foreginer eyes.

"The hospital never stop to send me white flowers bouquet. It's been a year, they come twice a month."
"Oh... before the surgery I asked the head of nurse in the hospital to keep renew the flowers in your room with white flowers instead of Daisies. She is a good friend of my Grandfather and me."
"I'm really sorry of your loss."
"I'm really I didn't come early to visit."

She's holding my hand.

"That's alright. Everything is going to be alright."

She still visits psychiatrist. I accompany her. She's telling me how important I am in her life. I told the doctor that it was really not a big deal. Then, she's telling me something funny.

"When I said I am looking of my past memories, I dreamed of you're in it. I was young and the old you took me to visit all my memories, piece by piece. It's probably nothing. Maybe it's someone else. Maybe it's Park Dong Ha."
"Don't."
"What is it?"
"Don't call his name. Don't"
"I won't."

Oh Ga In came to me. She came alone. She heard I visited Choi Woo Bin's family. They shared about me. She wishes me a good life.

"Do you love him the way you have loved me?"

She didn't answer it. I told her I would come. I would come to cheer of their marriage.

"This is the marriage you've been waiting for."

The wedding celebration went so big. Everyone already forgot I came in since our company is no longer number one of the country. Or, maybe because I came alone with the best black suit I have. The funeral suit. When I see her walks to the aisle, I knew I missed everything a chance to live with her. But, I... I don't want to get hurt. She never hurt me. I just got scared suddenly if she would hurt me, too.

"You..."

A woman ran to the aisle once they finally married. A scream woman. I knew her.

"You deserved to die!"

She brought the knife, and I just jumped in front of Park Dong Ha. She raised her hand and sliced my face.

"Sun Wook..."

I held her hand. It's shaking. I knew it wasn't her.

"SUN WOOK!!!"

The last I remembered before I blanked out. When I woke up, Oh Ga In is next to me. My left face got bandaged and things only half dark. She was sorry and crying. She said if only she didn't let it happen. I hate her even more.

"Why are you here?"
"I want to stay."
"You can't."
"Why?"

She is crying. I made her cry on her wedding day. I think I am crying behind the mask, my face feels so burning. But, what is more aching, knowing her came along with her husband.

"Thank you for saving me, Baek Sun Wook. Moon Na Young is back to her unstable state. Don't worry, I will take care of her."

No.

"Where is she now?"

She was going to the mental institute. Thankfully, the psychiatrist made a settlement that her condition is better to stay at home with full surveillance. It takes time to tell I am fine. Moon Na Young was in very deep hurt. I came to her home most of the time.

"You don't have to be afraid to me, Na Young. It's me. Sun Wook."

She realized what she's doing to my face. She is afraid of herself. The only thing I could is put my arms around her. There must be a reason why she done it.

"I am not putting charge on her. Neither do you, Oh Ga In. And I believe, you'd agree with me, aren't you, Dong Ha?"

Choi Woo Bin made sure to keep her safe, away from the city. While things look pretty pale around me. There are some noises they seem recognize Moon Na Young as someone else. Like a ghost from the past. But, I need to stay away from her, to let them believe I don't know where she is now, because I do not really know. Especially when it comes from Oh Ga In. Her partner has resigned and lost contact with her. Never thought she desperately came and asked me.

"I don't know."

I tried to keep things in hospital and company altogether. I am finally getting settle with myself. I start go funding for mental health facility and patients. By reminding the scars on my face.

"You and me, we have responsibility for those who being outcast just because they see our world differently. We have a duty to protect them and guide them to understand the living in this awfully wonder world. For things we suppose to see them as beauty, we made them as fugitive. But, they're not. They are same as we are. Just like this scar. It scared me knowing I wasn't myself used to. But, inside I am still me. Inside, we still are human. As human, we treat others by kindness. And, that's what makes us, still human."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Armitage and Lee Pace, another confession so far.

Another World: End Monology

Dawn with Love: Chapter 1